Fideuà │ Rustic Catalan Pasta Paella, Monkfish, Clams, Shrimp, Aioli
Chef François de Mélogue
Ingredients for four servings:
¼ c. Olive Oil
1 T. Garlic slivers
16 pieces Shrimp
12 ounces Monkfish, cut into four pieces
12 Manila Clams
1 pound Fideuas Noodles, toasted
1 c. Tomatoes, Diced
1 T. Paprika
2 c. Chicken Stock
1 c. Tomato Sauce
¼ c. chopped Parsley
1 T. Butter
- Heat olive oil, add garlic and cook till they start to turn brown.
- Add saffron, paprika, seafood, and toasted Fideo noodles.
- Add diced tomatoes, chicken stock and tomato sauce.
- Cook till pasta is done, about five to ten minutes.
- Finish with a little butter, chopped parsley and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Stir a big spoonful of Aioli into cooked pasta and garnish with yet another heaping spoonful!
Fideuà: Valencian Pasta ‘Paella’; the main two differences from Paella is that Fideuà is made with Fideus noodles (toasted noodles resembling one inch segments of vermicelli) and that it is made almost exclusively with seafood.