loup de mer│Wood Oven Roasted Sea Bass, Swiss Chard, Tomato Confite, Roast Garlic, Saffron Jus
Chef François de Mélogue
I uploaded just a quick recipe for a dish coming up at our new restaurant Figue opening in February 2013 in La Quinta, California… I stole inspiration from Alain Ducasse when I had it several years ago in Monte Carlo. It is my tribute to a great Chef.
Ingredients for four orders:
2 Loup de Mer, about one and half pounds each
1 pound Bread Crumbs
1/2 l Heavy Cream
200 g Swiss Chard, chop leaves for filling, use stems for base
140 g Parmesan
2 Tomatoes, cooked into confit
6 cloves Garlic, roasted cloves
2 T Basil, Chiffonade
2 T Chervil Chiffonade
2 T Parsley Chiffonade
6 T Olive Oil
1/2 c. White Wine Sauce
Mise en Place:
- Soak breadcrumbs in cream, add Swiss chard, egg, parmesan, tomato confite, mashed garlic and herbs.
- Bone loup, roll filets, tie.
- Roast loup de mer, baste in olive oil.
- Sauté Swiss Chard stems in butter.
- Plate in center of plate with fish on top. Nap with sauce.